Project Update: Building Better Communities, One Home Sale at a Time
We couldn’t be more excited to share with you the progress of our Building Better Communities campaign! This week in the Seattle area, we met with kids and community members from the High Point neighborhood to design their dream park and playground on a site that serves low-income, multi-cultural families. In partnership with the High Point Open Space Association and Neighborhood House, the Windermere Foundation will build a park on September 23rd. We plan to get our hands dirty with more than 125 of our Puget Sound brokers serving as build captains and volunteers.
Here are some of the projects that we have been working on with our communities:
1. Portland offices partnered with the Trail Blazers Boys and Girls Club in renovating activity spaces for after-school and summer programs.
2. The Oregon Cronin & Caplan group have completed a home and continued community development at Bridge meadows, a multi-generational housing program for adoptive families of foster children.
3. Windermere offices on the Eastside are supporting scholarship and community programs that help youth achieve their academic goals. This year, Windermere offices are raising funds to support fifteen annual scholarships and the Fourth of July Lake Sammamish Community fireworks show.
4. Spokane offices came together to clean up and improve a county park to make it safer and more accessible for families.
5. Offices in Waimea and Kona, Hawaii are planning to renovate five acres of land into youth soccer fields.
…And more to come!